The online racing simulator
How do i get more fps?
(46 posts, started )
How do i get more fps?
well my old system was 1,6 ghz 256 mb memory graphic radeon 9200 se 128 mb. i had always around 25- 35 fps.
now i have still 1,6 ghz but 1024 mb memory and a geforce 6600 with 256 mb.
and i still get the same fps.....
This is because LFS is very demanding to the cpu, but quite easy on the gpu.

So, without a new processor (allthough I doubt you'll get one for you mainboard, except on eBay), you propably won't get higher FPS...
#3 - avih
options - graphics:
- put all LOD options to minimum.
- enable track LOD reduction
- disable flags/trees/rubber/etc
- disable dither (?? is that done by the cpu or the gfx card?)
- enable hardware vertex shading

options - display:
- disable any visual option that you don't need
- some ppl report that removing the names list (N untill it's empty - while driving) has positive effect on framerate

options - misc:
- disable vertical sync
- play with various values of minimum sleep
- reduce multiplayer car draw distance
- reduce (/increase?) dynamic LOD reduction
- set updated path to user-car or off

options - view (on track with a car)
- set the view such that you see mostely the scenery and less car interiour (head position as forward as possible). some report that wheel view gives good framerate boost.
- i'd say that using virtual clocks should help too.

gfx card settings (not sure how much effect it will have since u have a pretty good one):
- aa/fsaa/anisotropic/trilinear/etc to minimum/off
- set image setting to "performance" (if applicable)
- try different drivers

hope it helps.
Quote from avih :- set the view such that you see mostely the scenery and less car interiour (head position as forward as possible). some report that wheel view gives good framerate boost.

or simpler ... use wheels view ... so the cameraposition and the fov doesnt change but the fps should almost double
#5 - avih
Quote from Shotglass :or simpler ... use wheels view ... so the cameraposition and the fov doesnt change but the fps should almost double

hmmm... isn't that what's written in your quote of mine???
whoops i must have missed the last part of that quote somehow ... sry
well i go ahead and try it, but i cant drive with the wheel camera im need to see wheel the rpm and the speed
There is an option for virtual clocks or something like that. I use wheels view because of frame rate. I hate it, but it's better than a choppy screen. The virtual clocks will give you a tachometer on the left and speedometer on the right.
my fps isnt that bad i still have all time around 30 fps so i dont have performance problems but was just wondering why i didnt get more fps with more memory and new graphic card
Because your Processor should be in a museum...
i have a problem too, my frame rate wiggles from 19-20ish to a full 90FPS depending on the cars visible and the action
why would it be so demanding?
i runa p4 3.4 and 1.5 gig ram ad a ATI radeon 9600 pro.
i find this drop in FPS so disturbing as my PC is but 6 months old yet.
i have no hop e for S3
HDD to full? to high settings for graphics card? defrag? spybotscan? did u look for this stuff?
Quote from GT Touring :i have a problem too, my frame rate wiggles from 19-20ish to a full 90FPS depending on the cars visible and the action
why would it be so demanding?
i runa p4 3.4 and 1.5 gig ram ad a ATI radeon 9600 pro.
i find this drop in FPS so disturbing as my PC is but 6 months old yet.
i have no hop e for S3

There is no way your PC is 6 months old with an 18 month old graphics card in it. Unless of course it's some kind of buget one with cheap compomnents. A better card would help...
i have also a problem with my new pc, but only in lfs!!!

i have a 3500+ 1ghz ram, 6600gt and only 10-15frames at start and 30-50 at race. but it makes no difference if i turn details on low or all on high, always the same frames.

benchmark on 3dmark2005 is 3600points and fear, doom3, battelfield 2 and so on, i can all play on HIGH DETAILS, just lfs sux very hard ((

all new drivers for gpu and motherboard....

no idea now
Is there something overclocked in your PC?

I have a AMD3000+ and a Radeon X800Pro with 1 Gig Ram and have 90FPS when driving alone and 50-60 fps when driving online with 20 others.
no there is nothing overclocked, temperature: cpu 30-50celsius, gpu 40-70 Celsius

i think its no hardware problem cause its only in lfs, all other games run very good in high resolutions. But i have no idea what i can do/change
Quote from Sickboy_ :...

Wow, 1 GHz of Ram :Eyecrazy:

j/k

Seriously, do you have HVS enabled?
Attached images
hvs.jpg
Quote from AndroidXP :
Seriously, do you have HVS enabled?

Should it be enabled or disabled?
he says enabled lol.. but i can see how you dont understand, yes if your gfx card can support USE IT! or else your doing yourself absolutely no good
For anyone who's having frame rate issues: Run the un-official LFS benchmark using both max and min settings and post your results. That way you can directly compare your minimum, maximum, and average frame rates to other people running the exact same settings and replay. Arbitrary frame rate numbers don't mean much since you can get way higher fps on a wide open track like Westhill compared to South City which has a ton of track side objects.

Once you have solid numbers that you can compare to others, you can see how your system stacks up. That should let you know if your frame rate comparable to others with a similar setup.
There IS a problem with LFS framerate. Mybe a lot of ppl dont know about it, bacuse theirs FPS are OK. But there are some systemms where is a performece leak. On my p4 3.2E 512MB, gf6600gt I have approix. 90fps while racing alone and drops on 19!!! - 30 during online racing. I tried a lot to of things to speed it up, but only noticeable change was DISABLING HT in bios. My FPS grew up about 5-10 FPS. Couldnt it be here? And BTW, does LFS support MMX, SSE and another CPU optimalizations?
Quote from MadCatX :There IS a problem with LFS framerate. Mybe a lot of ppl dont know about it, bacuse theirs FPS are OK. But there are some systemms where is a performece leak. On my p4 3.2E 512MB, gf6600gt I have approix. 90fps while racing alone and drops on 19!!! - 30 during online racing. I tried a lot to of things to speed it up, but only noticeable change was DISABLING HT in bios. My FPS grew up about 5-10 FPS. Couldnt it be here? And BTW, does LFS support MMX, SSE and another CPU optimalizations?

Have you run the LFS benchmark? You might find that your framerates are similar to other people with comparable computers. I tried a quick test here at work and my frame rate on the starting grid of Blackwood is four times as high (24 fps) as it is with 8 other cars in game (7fps). And that's with a lot of details turned down and LOD settings enabled. Obviously, my machine is not as fast and doesn't have as good a video card as yours, but the frame rate differences that you're seeing might not be that far off from what others are getting. If you've got graphics settings turned way up and lots of cars on-screen, you're bound to see a pretty significant slow down compared to playing alone.
Yes, I ran it and my FPS is aprrox. 20 franmes BELOW average framerate on copmuter similar to mine an High details(tested on 0.5K version - and i cant see deferencies in 0.5P2...) So thats it. And Scawen, can U please tell us level of FPS optimalizaton for MMX asn SSE instrusction sets(or how it is called...) THX
What were your high/low/avg rates for both max and min settings? Maybe something in those numbers might help to narrow down the issue.
Quote from MadCatX : And Scawen, can U please tell us level of FPS optimalizaton for MMX asn SSE instrusction sets(or how it is called...) THX

Of course I mean LFS optimalizaton, not FPS... (I wrote in hurry)

How do i get more fps?
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG